How it works
Our innovative author events platform gives you access to great value events throughout the academic year.
What to expect
at our events
Each event will be different as our authors have very different styles – you can be sure things won’t get boring!
Live online events
Our events are never pre-recorded, totally live online events.
Our events are never dull and boring with lots of interaction involved. We will let you know if anything special is required beforehand.
Tips and resouces
We’ll provide you with tips and resources to help you and your pupils get the most out of the events.
Our events subscription
Our events subscription gives your school access to some of the latest and greatest authors and illustrators who are creating exciting and diverse books for primary and early years readers.
Get one extra credit if you subscribe before 10th February!*
*Extra credit automatically applied until 10th Feb.
** All books sent to the school to be distributed to pupils
Benefits to pupils
- Excites and inspires pupils to read!
- Sparks ideas and creativity.
- Get pupils excited by the people behind the books
- Insight into writing process – great for pupils to learn about drafting and commitment.
- Insight into the plot and characters of a book – great motivation to pick up the book and read it all!
- A chance to ask the creator children’s own questions.
- Opens up possibilities – kids see that authors are living humans, alive today! and their future broadens!
Benefits to author
- We pay our authors and illustrators a fair fee so their time is valued and they can keep being creators.
- Authors/illustrators get to interact with their readers.
- Interactions with pupils inspire authors to keep writing!
- Authors create a lasting relationship with pupils for future books.
- Wonderful exposure to target market.
- Help authors to create a buzz around new books through social media exposure.
Benefits to school
- Incredibly cost effective (6 events for the price of one!!!! based on average virtual author event costings).
- Easy to use and reduced admin for school compared to arranging own events.
- One easy payment for the school business manager to process.
- Clear calendar of events for teachers to select the best events to choose for their pupils.
- Simple credits system to book events, meaning the English lead can do this easily without having to bother the business manager for any further payments.
- Builds your reading for pleasure culture as reading events become a regular event for all pupils across key stages.
- Access to a range of authors (& illustrators) will showcase a great range of children’s literature, from fiction, non-fiction and poetry, meaning pupils can find the genre for them.
How much will it cost?
The cost depends on the size of your school. We want to make the events accessible to all and believe this is the fairest way.
See the table below for the costs of our exclusive launch and future cost for the 2023/4 academic year.
Sign up before 28th Feb 2023 to enjoy our introductory rate for the remainder of the academic year (saving £15).
(2022/3 academic year)
(2023/4 academic year)
(less than 6 classes)
(6 to 12 classes)
(13 or more classes)
*Early subscribers will receive 1 additional credit (4 total) if they subscribe before 10th Feb 2023.
**Early subscribers will receive 2 additional credits (8 total) if they keep their subscription, which will be converted to an annual subscription at the end of this academic year.
About our curator
Heather founded Reading Rocks in 2016 with a desire to bring together educators with a passion for reading for pleasure. The community began across social media and grew into amazing Saturday CPD events across England. Since then heather has launched the primary book subscription for teachers and schools and is now bringing back events for schools.
Our next events
We bring you the newest releases and author interviews every month to help keep your classroom inspired!